If you are looking for a way to make extra money, we have compiled a list of the best paid online survey sites in South Africa. Paid online surveys are a good way for a lot of people who want a quick solution. You won’t make a fortune from online surveys but they are good for anyone looking for a means to earn online with no entry requirements.
They are the easiest online earning platforms to get into. All you need is to be able to operate a computer or smart device and to be 13 years or older.
In our list of best paid survey sites in South Africa, we have chosen sites that explicitly allow you to draw your money in cash. There are different types of survey sites and many pay reward in different ways such as online coupons and gift cards. The sites in our list pay through either PayPal or Payoneer, which allow you to draw you money from any country in the world.
Whether you are a student looking for some extra pocket money, or a retiree who wants a constructive way to kill time, you can get into any of these surveys.
Our List Of Best Paid Online Surveys In South Africa
Clixsense is one of the top 3 survey sites on the internet and has been around since 2008. You can make money for doing paid surveys, micro-tasks and a host of other offers.
They have a referral programme that will pay you a percentage your referral’s earning for completing tasks and surveys.
The best thing about Clixsense, and why it is at the top of our list is that South Africa is considered one of the Tier 1 countries. That means that we are one of the countries that will tend to have more surveys available. And for the referral programme, South African referrals are included in the highest commission percentage per referral.
- Lists South Africa as a Tier 1 country (higher referral commissions)
- Referral program has one of the highest commission rates
- No payment through PayPal
- Only one account per household
You can sign up for Clixsense below.
PrizeRebel is one of the trusted and most popular survey sites, along with Clixsense. They ways to earn include paid surveys, micro-tasks through Figure Eight, and offers.
PrizeRebel also has a good referral programme that can make you a decent passive income if you put a lot of effort into referring.
Payment is made through PayPal so you will need to have a linked PayPal account to cash out and withdraw your money. This will be advantage over Clixsense with some people who aren’t familiar with Payoneer yet. PayPal is more widely known among South Africans and has an agreement with FNB that allows you to draw your money to a local bank account.
- Numerous ways to earn
- Good referral programme
- Only one account per household
You can sign up for PrizeRebel below.
Swagbucks is one of the top 3 survey sites on the internet and has been around since 2008. What sets Swagbucks apart from other GPT platform is that they have some of the most interesting ways of earning rewards For example, you can earn points just for surfing the web, if you use the Swagbucks search engine as your default. The search engine is run by Yahoo so it is perfectly capable of meeting your needs. You can also earn money on the platform by watching videos. This is along with all the other earning methods that are found in other GPT platforms.
They have a referral programme that will pay a reward when your referral signs up, and will also pay you a percentage of their lifetime earnings for tasks completed on the platform.
Payment is made through PayPal so you will need to a verified PayPal account in order to be able to withdraw your earnings there. It is one of the most popular in the US and was not available in South Africa until very recently so definitely give it a try.
- There is Swagbucks App that you can install on your phone making it highly mobile-friendly
- Some of the best ways to earn money doing tasks when compared to other platforms.
- Less cumbersome methods of earning
- PayPal withdrawals cost more Swagbucks that other vouchers
- Referral commission is low compared to Clixsense and PrizeRebel
You can sign up for Swagbucks below.
InstaGC is another paid-to-click website that allows people from all over the world to join. All you need to sign up is to have a verified PayPal account. You can earn money for doing surveys, tasks, offers and event to play games. Yes, you read that correct, you can get paid money to play games when the offers are available to you.
The feature that InstaGC has over other websites is that you are allows to have multiple accounts in one household. The other platforms limit you to only one account per household. With InstaGC you can have an account and if you have siblings staying with you or a roommate, they can have accounts as well without it putting you at risk.
You can redeem your rewards for gift cards, vouchers for digital marketplaces like Steam and G2A or for cash. Cash withdrawal is done through PayPal. The minimum withdrawal limit is $1 which compares favourably against the other sites.
- Multiple accounts per household
- Low payout threshold (Can with draw from as little as $1)
- Lower referral commission rate than other sites
You can sign up for InstaGC below.Sign Up Here
CashCrate has been around since 2006 and has over 7 million users worldwide. The platform is aimed primarily at users from the US but welcomes users from all over the world. All you need to sign up with Cashcrate is to be at least 13 years old so it is open to a lot more people from that alone. Students can do this during their vacation time for some pocket money. There are fewer surveys available compared to our Clixsense and PrizeRebel so the main ways of earning will be through offers and referral.
For countries outside of the US, payment is done through cheque and PayPal. However, in order to get payed through PayPal, you have to be at Silver level, which has laborious requirement. For South Africans, this means that initially you can only get paid through cheque.
- Lower age restriction (students can join)
- Fewer ways to earn (no tasks)
- No payment through PayPal initially, must get paid by cheque
You can sign up for CashCrate below.
Answered Insight is a marketing company based in Johannesburg and one of only a few survey companies based in South Africa that are worth the time. You sign up on their platform and complete survey for which you will get compensated in points, each survey completed netting you 10 points. After you reach 50 points, you can redeem the points for rewards.
Rewards vary from cash, to airtime and shopping vouchers. If you redeem your rewards in cash, you can get paid directly to your South African bank account. This makes Answered Insight one of the rare few survey sights that you can open without having to register with a global payment system. The money is deposited in your bank account 7 days after withdrawal.
Unlike other platforms on the list, Answered Insight does not have a referral programme. This means that you get paid just for doing surveys. It’s a bit of a bummer since you can’t develop a residual income with Answered Insight and once you stop doing surveys, the earnings stop.
- One of the very few legitimate survey companies based in South Africa
- Many of the surveys are from locally based businesses so you will be familiar with many of the brands that you do surveys for
- They pay in cash, which is rare for companies in South Africa
- User friendly survey platform that is easy to understand
- Not as many ways to make money as with global GPT platforms. They only have surveys so if surveys are finished, there is no way to earn.
- No referral programme. Once you stop doing surveys, the income stops.
- You have to keep monitoring the platform for availability of surveys. Surveys only need a few people and the quota tends to be filled rather quickly
And there you have it. The list of best get-paid-to sites that South Africans can use and earn cash. I have tried many sites and these are the ones that I distilled it down to. I have used all of these sites personally and redeemed the earnings so they are legitimate.
Tips When Trying Out Survey Sites
- All legitimate online survey sites are free to join, and if anybody requests payment from you to have access to surveys (or any type of online work) they are likely a scam.
- If it seems too good to be true, it is usually. Depending on how much you work, you can earn $150 to $400 a month with GPT (Get Paid To) sites. Something offering this amount in a day or a week should be approached with skepticism.
- When signing up, look for sites that state that your information is confidential. There are parties who gather your personal information just to sell it and put you at risk or subject to unwanted communications.
Thanks for reading and I hope you found this information helpful.
Have you worked on online survey sites before? Do you know of any other sites that pay through cash that you think should have been on this list? Let me know in the comments below.